We always knew this, but now there is scientific proof that the beach really does makes us happy. The reasons why maybe go way back to the time when our ancestors left the water to live on land. But at least as far as the origin of our own life in our mother´s womb. Our brain is instinctively programmed to feel better at the coast. But there are more health benefits to the seashore:
Why beaches make us happy?
- Sea water is very good for your skin and hair. It degreases and cleans and is, therefore, working against acne and speeds up the healing of wounds.
- Swimming in the sea uses muscles you do not use for other activities, so it is a great fitness activity.
- Walking barefoot in the sand is physically harder than walking on tarmac. It strengthens the muscles in the feet and ankles.
- The sand on the beach is a natural exfoliater, great for a skin scrub.
- The sound of the waves, the smell, and looks of the sea are the balm for the soul as well. It calms us down, reduces stress and stimulates the production of feel good hormones.
Enough reasons to spend some time at the beach!
By Marianne Hoesen everybodylovesportugal.com